Billy Porter’s birthday is September 21 and he was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Playing Lola in the musical Kinky Boots earned him a Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical in 2013. He has been the leader in the FX series Pose since 2018. His performance in Kinky Boots earned him a Tony Award. Cyndi Lauper, a pop artist, composed the music for the show. Carnegie Mellon University awarded him a bachelor’s degree in drama, and he continued his education in screenwriting at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Billy Porter’s Personal Details
First Name- Billy
Last Name- Porter
Profession- Stage Actor
Age- 49 years old
Birth Sign- Virgo
Birth Date- September 21, 1969
Birth Place- Pittsburgh, PA
Billy Porter’s Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Body Measurements- 40-30-14 inches
Height- 5 feet 9 inches (1.78 m)
Weight- 70 Kg (154 lbs)
Waist- 30 inches
Hair Color- Dark Brown
Eye Color- Brown
Shoe Size- 10 (US)
Billy Porter Educational Qualification
School: High School in Pittsburg
College: Carnegie Mellon University College of Fine Arts.
Billy Porter Career
Billy Porter is a well-known American theatre, film, and television actor, singer, and director. His breakthrough came when he played the lead in the Tony Award–winning Broadway musical Kinky Boots. TV shows including “American Horror Story,” “Pose,” and “The Dead Don’t Die” feature him. Porter has published a number of CDs as a singer-songwriter in addition to his acting career. In the entertainment industry, he is seen as a pioneer and a champion for the LGBTQ+ community.
Billy Porter Family & Relatives
Father: William E. Porter
Mother: Clorinda Jean Johnson Ford
Sister: Mary Martha Ford
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Adam Smith (m. 2017)
No. of Children: None
Billy Porter’s Net Worth
Net Worth- $4 Million
Salary- Under Review
Source of Income– Celebrity
Income Source- Acting, Modeling, and Brand Endorsements
Billy Porter’s Favorites
Hobbies: Playing Golf & Watching TV shows
Favorite Movie: Anastasia
Favorite TV shows: Pose
Favorite Destination: London & New York
Favorite Food: Japanese Food
Favorite Color: Black, Blue & Brown
Favorite Pets: Dogs
Some Lesser Known Facts About Billy Porter
- Porter appeared on American Talent Show Star Search in 1992 and won$,000. He appeared on the same show as other unborn stars, similar as a youthful Britney Spears.
- Porter played Teen Angel in the 1994 Broadway reanimation of Grease. Porter wrote and performed in his one-person autobiographical show, Ghetto Superstar (The Man That I Am) at Joe’s cantina in New York City in February and March 2005.
- He was nominated for the “Outstanding New York Theater Broadway & Off Broadway Award” at the 17th GLAAD Media Awards. In September 2010, Porter appeared as Belize in hand Theatre Company’s 20th Anniversary product of Tony Kushner’s Angels in America.
- Porter began the part of” Lola” in Kinky thrills on Broadway in 2013, with songs by Cyndi Lauper, book by Harvey Fierstein and directed/ choreographed by Jerry Mitchell.
- Porter won both the 2013 Drama office Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical and Tony Award for Stylish Actor in a Musical for this part.
Billy Porter’s Social Media Platforms
How much money does Billy Porter have now?
Billy Porter has a current Net Worth of $4 million.
Is Billy Porter Married?
Billy Porter is married to Adam Smith In 2017.
Where did Billy Porter come into the world?
For those wondering, Billy Porter was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
What is Billy Porter‘s true ethnicity?
He believes in Christianity.
What is the educational qualification of Billy Porter?
Billy Porter completed his Carnegie Mellon University (BFA).
At what point did Billy Porter find out he had cancer?
Billy Porter, who played Frank in Pose, has been open about his HIV status for 14 years. The American celebrity claimed he has “lived with that guilt in quiet” since learning of his condition in 2007.
How did Billy Porter manage to break through to the public eye?
Career. In 1992, Porter competed on the American Talent Show’s Star Search and took home the grand prize of $100,000. He shared a bill with future superstars like a preteen Britney Spears, and both of them appeared on the show. In the 1994 Broadway production of Grease, Porter portrayed Teen Angel.